03 June 2007

Ravelry!!

Guess what?!!!! I finally got my invite to Ravelry Beta!!! I'm not one of the privileged who were solicited, of course, but I did sign up on the waiting list, so I don't know if they're just gradually adding the waiting list people but not yet generally up and running, or what. But oh my god I'm so excited!!!! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go check it out, or catch up on your podcasts (as I have just started to do myself...) - everybody's talking about it! And with good reason. It's *incredible*. Makes me really wish I hadn't lost my old database of stash, needles and projects (when my laptop got stolen years ago), as that would have made it super-easy to actually get everything up on Ravelry really fast, but oh well. This is an incredible resource, guys, and I'm so excited I can't sit still.

Important: if you read this blog (lurker or not), please be my friend on Ravelry! As soon as you join, find me in the list of people and click "invite friend." I'd love to know who you all are and see your blogs! I try to go look at the blogs of commenters as much as possible, but for obvious reasons I've been way behind lately.

Can you imagine if I'd been able to join this a few weeks ago? I might not be getting that PhD after all!

Phew!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Ravelry totally rocks--I'm spending way too much time there (much to the detriment of my own dissertation revisions)! I think that they're trying to add people, but slowly enough to not overwhelm the system as they work the bugs out.

ayla said...

I met someone handing out Ravelry buttons when I saw the Yarn Harlot on Wednesday. I think it's a great way to meet new people, but I don't know how active I'd be if I joined. It seems a little more....obsessed...than I can afford to be right now.

Anonymous said...

I've been there a week or so now... I think, lol, and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what's there...

Beth said...

I am very jealous! I'm on the waiting list too but you are probably on the A waiting list cause you're so cool and I'm...well...not so much.
Hey, Am I puttingn you down for 2 days with Galina or one? If you don't know yet it's o.k. I'm just over excited!

Kris said...

I am very torn about joining Ravelry. On one hand it looks soooooo great - on the other hand, I could easily spend more time than I have available on it. I think for the short term I will not be joining...

Jen W said...

I'm really enjoying Ravelry--I, too just got notified and have been adding my projects (not as quickly as you have, I see!). I added you as "a friend", because I really enjoy your blog. I do not have my own, but thanks to Ravelry I sort of feel as though I do now.